Friday 20 January 2012

19th January - Rain



I couldn't resist experimenting with attaching a video, so I’ve started simply trying to capture the mesmerising drip of water from tiles on our roof. If it works at all, I suspect the effect will be a dark clip of a grotty roof, but at least I’ve tried.

With Em at work, I was on Chub-Chub duty but after a monumental breakfast he very obligingly went to sleep for 3 1/2 hours, enough time for me to busy around in the torrential rain getting the new chicken enclosures ready. Finally this evening I was able to collect the various poultry from my parents' house and sort the different breeds into their respective pens.

After Em got back I took the dog and gun down to the Bramley orchard for a few pigeons. There were thousands to look at, literally swarming the skyline, but in the absence of any wind few came my way and after a couple of shots the immense flock had departed. Earlier on I did have three good shots - buoyed up by my recent success and a pep talk from B yesterday I made a point of picking the birds up fast and swinging through hard. The results surprised me as I connected with birds I would usually consider beyond range and I must try to preserve the feeling and mental image of how I achieved it!

Dinner
Pizza served with potato salad and rocket. Though I struggle to admit it Em bought a couple of pizzas which were reduced the other day and as I spent most of the evening outside messing around with chickens, one of them made a simple meal. It was very nice in fact and a real treat to have the first ' baby ' rocket leaves from the greenhouse.

Rocket



No comments:

Post a Comment